Welcome to Sunrise Park Middle School!
The mission of Sunrise Park Middle School, a diverse community of students, staff and families, is to empower active learners who shape their futures by developing strong academic skills and discovering their individual strengths in an emotionally supportive and engaging educational environment distinguished by:
Sunrise Park Middle School
- caring school community that fosters meaningful relationships and emotional well-being.
- variety of challenging and student-influenced learning opportunities
- effective use of learning strategies that support student success
- safe, innovative and inspiring environments
- collaboration among students, staff, families and communities
Sunrise Park Middle School serves approximately 800 students in grades 6-8. Students experience a comprehensive curriculum that includes world language options at each grade level (Chinese, French, German & Spanish), general music, band and choir as well as Project Lead the Way courses.
Sunrise Junior High School was built in 1959. In 1981 it was transformed into the WBL district offices, and then reopened as a Sunrise Park Middle School in 1993.
There are over 100 licensed and support staff at Sunrise Park. The current demographics consist of 37 percent minority, 15 percent special education and 4 percent English Language Learners.