Mission of White Bear Lake Area Schools
The mission of the White Bear Lake Area School District, a leader in innovative education and community partnerships, is to ensure our students:
- develop a love for learning,
- excel academically,
- are inspired to realize their dreams, and
- become engaged citizens with a global understanding
by challenging each student within a dynamic, respectful and inclusive environment that nurtures the unique talents and abilities of every student.
School Community Core Values
- We will understand the circumstances and viewpoints of others.
- We will develop the capacity to forgive others and ourselves.
- We will celebrate the contributions of others.
- We will promote a peaceful, caring and safe community.
- We will stand up for what we believe.
- We will be honest with ourselves and others.
- We will demonstrate fairness in our judgments and actions.
- We will fulfill commitments and promises.
- We will believe in the inherent dignity of all people.
- We will celebrate individuality.
- We will value and appreciate diversity.
- We will honor self and others through words and actions.
- We will take ownership of our behavior as individuals.
- We will have the courage to think and act independently.
- We will demonstrate problem solving and decision-making skills.
- We will be reliable and trustworthy.
District Strategic Planning
- We will find positive ways to contribute to the broader community.
- We will share time and talents with others.
- We will take an active role in service opportunities in the school and community.
- We will celebrate involvement in service.
The District participated in a strategic planning process with community members, students, parents and District staff members during the 2010-11 academic year. During the 2017-18 academic year, more than 200 participants have been involved with the updated Strategic Planning process. Board action on the current Strategic Plan is expected in March, 2018. Find information here