- the means by which a community continuously creates systems to serve extraordinary purpose.
The district continually woks on goals identified during the 2010-11 community-driven Strategic Planning process. Community members, students, parents and District staff members participate in the strategic planning process, helping us to write the next chapter of "our story."
The White Bear Lake Area Schools Strategic Plan consists of the following six overall Strategies:
We will develop a comprehensive understanding of our students' needs and interests to ensure students are challenged and excelling academically.
We will create and implement a plan for global experiences and relationships to further understand world connections.
We will ensure our facilities support our district's mission and objectives.
We will create a district-wide culture that inspires innovation, a passion for learning, and confidence to pursue dreams.
We will build a network of partnerships to provide personal and educational growth and service opportunities for students.
We will foster connections with and among students and staff members to ensure all feel valued, supported and understood; and we will establish an environment that cultivates understanding and respect for differences among people.
Strategic Planning Updates are provided to the School Board consistently throughout the year:
- Work-Study meetings - The Board receives updates at each Work-Study meeting. The most recent update, find the School Board meeting materials here.
- Summer 2015 - The Strategic Planning document reviewed by the Board in July of 2015 can be found here.
- Spring 2014 - A team of community members, students, parents
and staff members came together as members in the Strategic Planning
process. The process included internal and external analyses, progress
reports on strategies, and conversations about next steps. In August,
the School Board was presented a Preliminary Recommendation for School
Board/Superintendent Goals for 2014-15, found here.
- Fall 2012 - The School Board approved at the Board meeting of September 10, 2012 the School Board/Superintendent Goals for implementation
during the 2012-13 school year. See a presentation regarding the goals being shared this fall with staff members and parents here.
- Spring 2012 - At the June 11, 2012 School Board meeting, the Superintendent provided
an End-Of-Year Update on School Board/Superintendent Goals including
Strategic Plan. See the presentation here.
- Spring 2011 - The School Board approved at the Board meeting of June 13, 2011 the core
values, mission, objectives, parameters, strategies and 22 specific
result statements identified in the Strategic Plan for implementation
during the 2011-12 school year. The Board authorized the administration
to proceed with an implementation plan within the parameters of the
School District's approved budget for 2011-12 and in accord with the
District's policies and protocols. See the June 13, 2011 School Board
meeting Strategic Planning presentation here. See the May 12, 2011 Strategic Planning update here.