Title I Parent Information
Parent Engagement in Title 1
Parent involvement is a critical part of every child's education. This is even more true for students who may be struggling academically. District 624 actively promotes the participation of the parents of Title I children in a wide variety of opportunities. The District 624 Title I Parent Involvement Plan describes how we do this.
How are parents/guardians involved?
- Parents are invited to attend the school's annual Title I Meeting.
- Parents are notified of their child's eligibility for and participation in Title I.
- Parents, staff and students may participate in the development and carrying out of a compact that spells out the goals and shared responsibilities of the child, school and parents for student success.
- Parents are encouraged to participate in Title I meetings and learning opportunities.
As a parent/guardian, you have the right...
- to know the qualifications of your child's teacher but all licensed teachers working in WBLAS are Highly Qualified employees
- to expect regular understandable communication with your school
- to have input in the school-level parent compact between the school and its families
- to have input in developing your school's family involvement plan
- to ask for a meeting with your school principal or your child's teacher at any time
Additional Title I Information
- ISD 624 Title I School Board Policy 612.1-1 (parent involvement policy) is available here.
- District and School Report Card is available here.
- Title I Parent Involvement Plan 2017-18 is available here.
- Parent Tip Link is available here.
- Military Release information is available here.
- Title Program Meeting Invitation is available here.